I don’t normally write letters to Santa. Just so you know.
How are you and the elves? I hope everything is well with you and Mrs. Claus – y’all have a lot on your plate, covering for all of the parents who are out of work and trying to make everyone’s wishes come true. I am doing my part down here in Bellingham, but the need is pretty great.
So let me talk about what I want, since I’m a recovering selfish-a-holic.
I know I don’t fall on your gift list anymore (after the last year, I would probably be Sharpie-ed onto the naughty list) but I thought I’d write you just in case your elves are listening.
Last year, I asked for things to make me beautiful. I thought that maybe if I felt like I was pretty, that I would be pretty inside too and more satisfied with myself. I thought maybe if I was pretty on the outside, that people would ignore the fact that I was ugly on the inside and would be my friend.
Totally didn’t work. I should have asked for self help books.
This year I’m a little different. This year I worked on the inside. I went through a pretty traumatic breakup (which I am actually glad for – was exactly the slap in the face I needed to realize I was a selfish dicknozzle) and I had to do a lot of reflection.
So this year, I would like something a little different. In no particular order, here is my WILDEST DREAMS Christmas List:
- A set of exercise bands. I’ve been using these ridiculous rubberband-like things with my p90x training, and I’m kind of tired of them snapping back at me. The handles on those have pads and are adjustable! Plus, they would be easier to store than a big set of weights, and I wouldn’t have to worry as much about Chuck.
- A chin up bar. Again with the p90x, but I don’t think I’m getting the same type of workout. Not as deep, not as hardcore. I’m tired of being jealous of that tiny German Potato Soup lady on the Chest & Back disc….
- A FitBit. I have been trying to save enough money to buy one, and then the radiator went out. And then I had to move. And then and then and then. (I would love an Aria scale too. If you’re feeling generous.)
- Anything Le Creuset. Don’t care what color. Would die for a French oven. Maybe not DIE, but I’d trade all my yarn for it. It’s a lot of yarn. Mrs. Claus could knit socks for all of your elves.
- New tennis shoes. I don’t think “tennis shoes” is the right term, but “running shoes” isn’t either. THESE SHOES. I’ve been doing most of my workouts barefoot, and the rest in raggedy running shoes. More support, more traction and more stylish
- Anything from lululemon. Mostly this or this.
See? Just exercise-y stuff. (And a pot.) I want to stay on this track. I want to be healthy and I want to be strong. I’ve been making do with what I have, but I would love to take it to the next level.
But I’ll be OK with coal
PS – none of those are affiliate links or anything. I make no money nor was I given any of these products for free.
Also, if you want to buy me a present, TurboFire is on crazy awesome sale right now…. (and no, that’s not my store. It’s my friend’s.)