I’m in Seattle for the weekend and went with some friends to see Rocky Horror live this evening.
For those of you not clued in as I was, here are some lessons I learned while enjoying this performance:
1. There will be audience participation.
2. There will be lots of yelling. By the audience.
3. If you wear Capri pants and a tank top, you will be wearing 90% more clothes than 89% of the audience.
4. Try to learn the Time Warp before you go.
5. 32 with two early bird kids is too old to stay up til 3am. Especially when you’re getting up at 7 the next day.
6. If cursing, aliens, sex or transsexuals from Transylvania offend you, this is not your gig.
7. Olive oil does in a pinch when you forget your makeup remover at home.
8. Rice in your bra, toast in your hair, playing cards stuck to your shoes and toilet paper everywhere is the norm.
And it’s fun.
More info on the crazy and awesome of Rocky Horror Live here